ESTABLISH THE PARTY THEME
The theme of your Christmas party is the direction of the entire program. It will dictate the decoration, the music, the atmosphere, the attire of the guests, and the activities. Working with a single theme in mind, it’d be a lot easier what activities to include because it limits your options.
For example, if you’re thinking of going with an Oscars/Hollywood theme this year, here are some activities that may entertain the employees and give them a good time:
- Red carpet walk – An Oscars-themed event won’t be complete without a red carpet walk. Since the employees has probably taken the time and effort to dress and clean up, this is a good time to give them the reward for their effort and let them flaunt their beautiful faces and exquisite attires for the evening.
- Wall of fame – Of course, the party won’t be as memorable without memories of the night. Set up a proper photo booth and give it an ample space so that the employees and their group of friends could get their pictures taken conveniently. You might also want to have an official photographer for the event and have them photograph in full body.
- Performances – One idea for a group performance is to have each department imitate a movie scene whether it’s musical, comedy, romantic, etc. This kind of activity will help the employees develop teamwork with each other and creativity amongst themselves.
- Awarding – Besides from including a few categories for the performances, include a few interesting ones like Best Red Carpet Dress (both men and women category), Best Performance (individual category), etc.
- Trivia – Let the employees work their mind for a bit by asking them some pieces of trivia about the company or something that’s related to Hollywood or films. Have a simple prize prepared with the one who has the correct answer.
Again, remember that in order to entertain the employees, make your activities fitting to the theme. Otherwise, it might cause discomfort and confusion for some.
One way to make your guests entertained and have a good time is to know them. Activities that will fit with them and their preferences—culture, behaviour, choices, and likes—is definitely something that they’d want to participate in. Thinking of these little things is a part of rewarding and appreciating the employees. For a Christmas party, reward and appreciate them by giving them something that they’re going to be entertained by and have a good time with.
Co-author: Daphney Ligsay–owner of Daphney Ligsay Events and Concepts offers a worry free event coordination, theme styling, and floral arrangement packages that will suit your personality. CONTACT: (02) 425.3837, (02) 521.4973, 0917.569.5838, 0925.505.0098, 0925.05.0998; [email protected]
Image credits: HubbellEnt.com | BlumingCreativity.com