Cut costs with 20 crafty ideas shared on Instagram!
1. Showcase your lettering skills through a chalkboard sign to welcome your guests at the wedding venue.
2. Paper flowers mean never having to worry about your blooms wilting! You can use these as table decorations or as your entourage’s floral arrangements.
It’s Monday! That means I share an old project that I have sitting around. Today I have one of my favorites ever! DIY paper flowers. I made them for my sister’s wedding shower (mostly because I was broke) and I still enjoy them on my desk to this day! ? Learn how to make them yourself! (Link in profile) #MakeItYelloh A photo posted by Yelloh (@makeityelloh) on
3. Use your rubber cutting skills to good use by carving matching his and hers pieces for your centerpiece.
4. Let guests know what’s on the menu by reusing your cork wine bottles. Stick signs on it using colored paper labels and toothpicks.
Menu teaser for #1legionwedding #diy #diywedding A photo posted by Danielle Nerman (@nermand) on
5. Hang colorful Japanese lanterns or paper flags to prettify your venue in an instant.
6. A dessert buffet allows your guests to choose the treats and bring them home. Sweet!
#diywedding #diyhochzeit #theperfectwedding #whatabeautifulday #derperfektetag #traumhochzeit #unserehochzeitwarperfekt #anniundadamwedding #candybar #süßigkeiten A photo posted by owner of 3 cats and 1 dog (@3cutecats_1cutedog) on
7. Strings of lights, yards of white cloth, and floral accents enhance the mood of an outdoor wedding.
One more snap from yesterday’s rustic wedding scene – less is definitely more when you’re in nature! The talented wedding party DIY’d all floral arrangements, and our team successfully “man-handled” this bolt of cloth purchased by the mother of the bride onto the rustic wood arbor for a romantic ceremony setup! ??Hooray for S&G!!
8. Glittery letters can be used for practically anything, from paper candle holders to table signs!
These sparkly beauties are now back in stock ? Use them to create a guest book, table names, table plan, banners, to personalise lanterns … The list is endless! #wedding2016 #weddingdetails #weddingdiy #weddingdiycraft #gold #goldwedding #tableplan #tablenumbers
A photo posted by Hester ~ Wedding in a Teacup (@teacupwedding) on
9. Re-purpose old bottles by placing flowers in them then hanging them in a path leading to your wedding reception.
#weddings #bastdropweddings #cedarbendevents #weddingdecorationinspiration #diyweddingdecor A photo posted by Candace Rhea Photography (@candacerheaphotography) on
10. Carefully mark your beach aisle using ingenious and inexpensive decorations—seashells!
11. Craft paper gift tags can double as place cards to indicate where your guests will be seated.
We love this simple and creative DIY table place setting idea ??? #weddingwednesday #ww #diywedding #weddinginspiration #diy #diyweddingdecor #tablesetting #placenames #weddingtable #weddingsideas A photo posted by Elmore Court (@elmorecourt) on
12 Old musical sheets can hold petals and rice to be used as your wedding confetti.
Den här tomheten liksom! Vad ska man pyssla med på kvällarna nu då?! ??✍? #diyweddingdecor #diy #diywedding #weddingrice #solrosfrön #rosblad #roses #bröllop #bröllopsdekorationer #vigselprogram #lantligtbröllop #bohemianwedding #notepaper #alltombröllop #sommarbröllop #bröllopsguiden #enöl16
A photo posted by Emma Öhling (@ohlinghome) on
13. Don’t throw away old egg cartons! You can paint them, string them together, and create hanging ornaments in your wedding colors.
This is only a portion, but here’s the egg carton creation. I’m calling them flower falls. #diyweddingdecor #pilley2016 A photo posted by Leila Percy (@pixiecarnage) on
14. Spray paint your bottles in gold for a lavish table setup.
A photo posted by Perth Wedding Blogger (@perthweddingblogger) on
15. For a rustic feel, use twine and lace as cutlery accents and bunting decorations.
16. Paper pinwheels add a dash of fun to any wedding!
17. You don’t need to be by the sea to have an ocean-inspired theme. Take some sand, starfish, and seashells, then place them in aquariums for an awesome table setup.
18. Flower girl baskets need not be costly. All you need are cloth flowers and ribbons to decorate plain wicker baskets.
Made my flower girl baskets! Each one cost me a little under $10 to make and I’m so happy with how they turned out. Would you guys be interested in seeing a step by step tutorial on how I made them? #diy #wedding #diywedding #diyproject #flowergirl #flowergirlbasket #weddinginspiration #diyweddingdecor #blog #blogger #bblog #bblogger #weddings #weddingideas #weddingdecor #weddingseason #weddingplanning #weddinginspiration #weddingstyle #purple
A photo posted by shalott (@shalott) on
19. Totally sweet wedding favors—honey pots covered in colorful patterned cloths!
My bride made these colorful honey jars as her #weddingfavors. What a cute idea ?#diyweddingideas #onedarlingday #diywedding A photo posted by Claudia | One Darling Day ? (@casanovadarling) on
20. Inject more fun into your wedding by creating a paper piñata that your guests can put random messages or fun predictions in.
A photo posted by Claudia | One Darling Day ? (@casanovadarling) on
For more wedding planning tips, like us on Facebook at Hizon’s Catering or follow us on Twitter @HizonsCatering and Instagram @hizons.catering.
For more than 30 years , we have been blessed to be a part of thousands of weddings, debuts, kids parties, corporate events, and private celebrations. In all these events, we make sure we are not only your caterer but more importantly your partner in every step from conceptualizing, budgeting and planning up to final execution.